Monday, May 9, 2011

Taking A Stand

The day of purity is a day when youth take a stand and make a public demonstration of their committment to stay sexually pure, in mind and in actions. All of us knew that people were going to make fun of us and say rude comments but me and my friends decided to take a stand for what we believed in. On thursday night of last week we gathered together at our church and we all made shirts that said different things like "Abstinence is Awesome" and "God is writing my love story." On the back of are shirts we put Day of Purity '11. The next day we all wore them to school and I knew that we were going to get some sort of response from other students but I never expected us to get as much response as we did. All day my friends and other students I didn't even know were asking me why I was wearing that shirt and it was cool because I got to tell them why and it even opened up opportunities to share the gospel. Some students weren't so nice. Throughout the day students were swearing at me and at lunch someone tried to throw food on me. One of teachers told me that we weren't allowed to talk about that kind of stuff at school. This ended up being one of the hardest things I have ever done but at the same time it was SOOO worth it!!! Even though I was swore at and I had someone try to throw food at me it was ok because in the end something good came out of it! I got to tell people about Jesus and show them just how much there father loves them! To me that is the coolest thing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment